Dark Sun was not available as a 1st Edition Dungeons & Dragons campaign setting.
2nd Edition Dark Sun was published by TSR Inc.
City by the Silt Sea 2420
Freedom DS1 2401
Road to Urik DSQ1 2406
Arcane Shadows DSQ2 2410
Asticlian Gambit DSQ3 2412
Dragon's Crown DSE1 2416
Black Flames DSM1 2417
Merchant House of Amketch DSM2 2421
Marauders of Nibenay DSM3 2424
Black Spine DSE2 2428
Forest Maker 2430
Slave Tribes DSR1 2404
Dune Trader DSR2 2407
Veiled Alliance DSR3 2411
Valley of Dust and Fire DSR4 2413
City State of Tyr DSS1 2420
Earth, Air, Fire and Water DSS2 2422
Elves of Athas DSS3 2423
The Complete Gladiator's Handbook CGR2 2419
Thri-Kreen of Athas 2437
Monstrous Compendium, Dark·Sun Appendix MC12 2405
Dark Sun was never officially released for 3rd Edition Dungeons & Dragons. However, rules for the 3.5 edition (d20) appeared in several places; the "Sandstorm" supplement, especially, included a number of references to the culture and climate of the Dark Sun setting.
Paizo's Dark Sun
A special feature in Dragon Magazine No. 319 (the May 2004 issue) and a parallel feature in Dungeon Magazine No. 110 provide an alternate interpretation of the setting for the revised Third Edition (3.5) Dungeons and Dragons game. (The rules for defiler wizards appear in Dragon #315, and additional monsters in Dungeon #111).
In place of the higher dice for ability scores, the abilities of all of the player character races have been improved. Each (including humans) has an additional bonus to one or more ability scores, an innate psionic power, and often other bonuses. Every race has a level adjustment, meaning that a PC of the race counts as a PC of higher level than he actually is for purposes of balance.
Special article in Dragon Magazine No. 339 contained detailed information, including an epic level prestiege class, for the dragon-kings.
- Dark Sun Campaign Setting by Richard Baker, Robert J. Schwalb, Rodney Thompson (08/17/10)
- Dark Sun Creature Catalog by Richard Baker, Bruce R. Cordell (08/17/10)
Dungeon Magazine AdventuresEdit
- Revenge of the Marauders by Bruce R. Cordell (10/19/10; Dungeon Magazine Issue 183)
- Beneath the Dust by Jared Espley (February 2011; Dungeon Magazine Issue 187)
- Primal Spirits of Athas by David Adams (01/14/11; Dragon Magazine Issue 395)
- Silt Elementals by Rodney Thompson (11/19/10; Dungeon Magazine Issue 184)
- Arena Masters by Robert J. Schwalb (11/15/10; Dragon Magazine Issue 393)
- Magma Elementals by Rodney Thompson (10/14/10; Dungeon Magazine Issue 183)
- Monster Hunters of Athas by Chris Sims (09/20/10; Dragon Magazine Issue 391)
- The Broken Builders
- Slaves of Athas
- Mar Juk-Adan, Dune Trader
- Templars of the Sorcer-Kings
- The Dragon's Altar
- Returning to Athas, Part 2
- Sunwarped Flats
- Returning to Athas, Part 1
- Free RPG Day: Bloodsands Arena by Chris Tulach (06/19/10)
- Marauders of the Dune Sea by Bruce Cordell (08/17/10)